Subscribe to American Medical News
GO TO » About us
Published since 1958, American Medical News is one of the most widely read publications in the United States on news affecting the medical profession.
From Medicare and managed care to public health and practice management, no other source covers the same range of current events affecting medical practice. It truly is the newspaper for America's physicians.
- Government & Medicine How government and the courts impact physicians' lives: Medicare, Medicaid, legislation and regulation, legal issues.
- Professional Issues Helping physicians maintain standing as respected professionals: quality standards, medical education, ethics, organized medicine.
- Business How physicians can practice smarter and earn more: practice management, financial issues, technology.
- Opinion What we think, what medical leaders and clinicians think: editorials, letters, commentary.
- Read it anywhere - on a train, in an easy chair, over lunch.
- Clip the articles, post them on a bulletin board, send them to your colleagues.
- Enjoy the photos, illustrations, page layouts and use of color.
- Have it in the doctors' lounge, lunch room, faculty room or office library.
- Use the classifieds.
- Look up bibliographic citations or Medline searches by page number.
- Read with less eye strain than online.
- Flip pages without waiting for them to load or ever losing the connection.
People who read us also read:
JAMA - The Journal of the American Medical Association is the world's most widely read medical journal and a frequent source of citations in the scientific literature.
The JAMA Network - These peer-reviewed, primary source journals publish original contributions and other clinical, research and socioeconomic articles of importance in nine key medical and surgical fields. Several are widely recognized as the influential journals in the specialty.
Virtual Mentor - The American Medical Association journal of ethics.
Publications from the AMA Bookstore - The book-publishing arm of the American Medical Association, AMA Bookstore produces 30 new titles each year. It provides the books, software and services that help health professionals both practice medicine and manage their practices.